Tripoli, Libya -- Libya's official state news agency says gunmen have kidnapped two Italians working for a telecommunications company in eastern Libya.
The agency reports their driver says masked gunmen forced the Italians out of the vehicle at gunpoint on the road between the cities of Derna and Tobruk on Friday.
A colleague tells the agency the abducted worked for a private cable company that does works for the Communication Ministry. The motive for the kidnapping isn't clear.
Elsewhere, a military official says three soldiers were killed in clashes in the restive southern city of Sabha, a stronghold for former loyalists of late dictator Moammar Gadhafi. The official says four soldiers were wounded in clashes that continued for the second day Saturday after an earlier truce failed.
Earlier this week, fighting in Sabha killed 31 people. The city was one of the last to fall under rebel control during Libya's civil war.
The Associated Press