MILTON, N.C. -- A historic home in Caswell County continued to smolder Friday evening. The historic Longwood Home in Milton caught fire Thursday around 7:30 P.M.
Five agencies responded to the blaze. Agencies as far as Person County were on the scene. However, in the end the home could not be salvaged.
The current owners were not home at the time, but they did lose two kittens in the flames.
According to the Caswell County Historical Association, the Longwood was once the home of Caswell notables Romulus Mitchell Saunders and Maud Gatewood.
Stay with us on WFMY News 2 and digtriad.com for updates.
WFMY News 2