Failed Connector Responsible For Girl's Electrocution In Pool

4:41 PM, Jul 18, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Photo Gallery: 11-Year-Old Electrocuted In Lexington Pool
  • Lauren's teammates put her initials, LSC, on their swim caps in her honor. The team is scheduled to compete in the Davidson County Aquatics Association Championships Swim Meet Friday afternoon.

Lexington, N.C. -- Davidson County Fire Marshal Brad Needham told WFMY News 2 a failed "side by side connector" is to blame for an incident that killed 11-year-old Lauren Cecil Tuesday night.

Neeedham says the "side by side connector" connects two power lines together. He says the device failed and the power line dropped to the ground. The electrical charge then traveled through the ground into the water.

Read: Lauren Cecil Electrocuted At Lexington Pool

The city of Lexington owns the power lines involved in the incident. City Manager Alan Carson told WFMY News 2 he is not going to speak about the situation until the investigation is complete.

Read: Lauren Cecil Obituary

Instead of sending flowers, Lauren's family asks that you contribute to The Dragonfly House.


Most Watched Videos