Grandma's Pot Cookies Land 3 Y/O In Hospital

9:08 AM, Jul 3, 2012   |    comments
Getty Images
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Murrieta, CA -- A 3 year-old from Southern California went to the hospital after eating cookies made with marijuana that were baked by his grandmother.

Sgt. Phil Gomez told the Riverside Press-Enterprise on Monday that the grandmother has a doctor's recommendation for medical marijuana because she is a cancer patient and it helps ease the pain.

Authorities said the grandma placed a batch of the marijuana cookies in her garage refrigerator. The boy's father noticed the cookie crumbs in the garage and realized that his son ate them after the boy had slept for more than 16 hours.

The child was taken to the hospital and released.

The toxicoligy tests have not yet been released. If authorities find marijuana in the boy's system, family members could face child endangerment charges.

Most Watched Videos