Photo Gallery

  • Share
  • Email
  • Print
  • - A A A +

11-Year-Old Electrocuted In Lexington Pool

An evening at swim practice turned deadly for an 11-year-old girl in Davidson County.

Lauren Cecil was electrocuted while swimming in the pool at the Brookside Swim Club, Tuesday, around 8 p.m.

A power line snapped and sent a high voltage current through the water. The president of Brookside Swim Club, Julie Rhodes, told WFMY News 2 people at the pool heard a big "pop" and saw a power line near the road in front of the swim club had fallen in the parking lot.

11-Year-Old, Lauren Cecil, Electrocuted At Lexington Pool

More Photo Galleries | Submit Photos