Toddler Who Swallowed Button Battery Gets New Esophagus

11:05 PM, Jan 16, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Arizona-- At only three years old, Emmet Rouch has endured 35 surgeries after swallowing a battery that had fallen out of a remote control.  

Doctors said the battery burned two major holes in his esophagus.

Previous story: Toddler swallows button battery

Dozens of surgeries later, Emmet has a new esophagus made from a foot of his bowels.

The toddler is now at home recovering.

KPNX talked to the family.



button batter, toddler 35 surgeries, esophagus

Most Watched Videos