BOONE, N.C. (AP) -- The Boone Police Department has cancelled their plans to hold a news conference on Monday due to weather conditions.
The media conference was to talk about the investigation into three carbon monoxide deaths last year at a Boone motel.
Daryl Dean Jenkins and Shirley Mae Jenkins of Washington state died at the motel on April 16. Several weeks later, 11-year-old Jeffrey Lee Williams of Rock Hill, S.C., died in the same room.
All three guests died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Officials have blamed a faulty pool heater for sending lethal levels of carbon monoxide into the room.
WFMY News 2 will announce the new day and time for the news conference once it has been rescheduled.
MORE: State Says No Error In Boone Hotel Death Probe
MORE: Guilford Fire Dept. Pushes Carbon Monoxide Awareness After Recent CO-Related Deaths