Ariel Castro Pleads Guilty In Ohio Kidnap Case

10:57 AM, Jul 26, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
Ariel Castro enters the courtroom in a pre-trial hearing, in which he entered a guilty plea. July, 26, 2013. Courtesy WKYC.

Cleveland, OH -- A Cleveland man accused of holding three women captive in his home for about a decade has pleaded guilty in a deal to avoid the death penalty.   

Ariel Castro entered the plea Friday. In exchange, prosecutors are recommending the 53-year-old Castro be sentenced to life without parole plus 1,000 years.   

Castro says a pornography addiction and "sexual problem" have taken a toll on his mind. He also says he was sexually abused as a child.   He had been charged in a 977-count indictment. He is pleading guilty to 937 counts.   

He had been scheduled for trial Aug. 5 on allegations that include repeatedly restraining the women and punching and starving one woman until she had a miscarriage.   

The women disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004. They escaped from Castro's house May 6.


Most Watched Videos