US Rep. Howard Coble Admitted To Cone Hospital For Tests

8:34 PM, Feb 26, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Greensboro, NC -- US Rep. Howard Coble (R-NC) was admitted to Cone Hospital today for tests.

According to a news release from his office, the congressman has been experiencing bouts of dizziness and light-headedness for the past few weeks. Rep. Coble was admitted to Moses H. Memorial Cone Hospital in Greensboro for testing.

Congressman Coble, who said he almost fainted Tuesday morning while preparing to fly back to Washington, went to Cone Hospital on the advice of his primary care physician.

Ed McDonald, Rep. Coble's Chief of Staff, said that doctors at Cone Hospital want to keep the 81-year-old representative overnight for observation and additional testing. "So far, all of Congressman Coble's vital signs look good according to the doctors at Cone," McDonald said. "They have ordered a CT scan to see if it can be determined what is causing the dizziness."
McDonald, who travelled with Rep. Coble all last week during the district work period, said the congressman maintained a full schedule. "We travelled to Alamance, Orange and Rockingham counties and had many meetings throughout the 6th District," McDonald said. "There were times last week when Howard said he was feeling light-headed and needed to sit rather than walk or stand, but he still maintained all of the meetings and tours scheduled."

Unless further testing uncovers an immediate problem, it is expected that Rep. Coble will be released from Cone Hospital Wednesday. It is unknown if he will be able to return to Washington this week.

*Information for this story provided by US Rep. Howard Coble's Washington office.

Most Watched Videos