LIVE VIDEO: News 2 at 11 PM    Watch
 

Martinsville Man Killed In Friday House Fire

8:32 AM, Feb 17, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Martinsville, NC -- Firefighters say a cigarette might have been the cause of a fatal house fire in Martinsville Friday night.

The fire happened at a house on Terry Street.

Investigators say the fire started in a bedroom, possibly because of a smoldering cigarette.

The home's owner was trying to get out of the house when he passed out.

Firefighters have not released the victim's name. It is not clear if anyone else was in the home at the time of the fire.

WDBJ

Most Watched Videos