Greensboro, NC -- Cincinnati-based Procter & Gamble has chosen Greensboro for a manufacturing plant expansion, investing more than $100 million in adding a skin care line to the work at the plant on Bryan Park Road.
The move is expected to create 200 jobs within the next three years.
"This is fantastic news for Greensboro. I know for a fact that the Greensboro City Council and Guilford County Board of Commissioners came together to send a strong message to the P&G leadership team," Jim Phillips, chair of the Greensboro Economic Development Alliance's Operating Group, said in a news release.
The city and the county offered P&G about $2 million in combined incentives.
Average salaries of the new jobs is expected to be $52,000, but will vary by job function. The average salary in Guilford County is $42,000.
"We're really excited about it," plant manager Brent Holmes said. "We're glad that the company's got a lot of confidence in making the choice here. They could've put it anywhere else and they chose us here in Greensboro."
Holmes says 90 percent of the workers will be "technicians," while the other 10 percent will be management. You can apply for the technician positions here