The reality is that the odds of winning a big
Mega Millions jackpot are very slim.
By the numbers, you have a 1 in 175,711,536
chance of picking That got us to thinking...what are some other
interesting odds that we can use to help put this into perspective.
- Among general populations, the chances of
having twins in the 21st century are about 3 in 100, or about 3%.
- The odds of getting struck
by lightening in the U.S. as of 201310,000,000
- Odds of spotting a UFO today: 1 in 3,000,000
- Odds of dying from a shark attack: 1 in
- Odds of becoming a saint: 1 in 20 million
- The odds of dating supermodel: 1 in 178,100 (BookofOdds.com)
- The odds of hitting a hole-in-one
in golf: 1 in 12,750
- Odds of dying from Measles: 1 in 300,000,000
- Odds you will be injured by a toilet this year: 1
- Odds of bowling a 300
game: 1 in 11,500
- Odds of dying from
contact with hot tap water: 1 in 5,005,564