More Charges For Man Accused With Attempted Murder Of Child

2:58 PM, Mar 31, 2011   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Winston-Salem, NC -- Additional charges have been filed against a man accused of attacking and trying to kill a 2-year-old girl at Brenner Children's Hospital.

Warrants were issued charging Jacob Minton with 10 counts of Attempted First Degree murder and 5 counts of Aggravated Assault on a Handicapped Person. 

The new attempted murder counts are in addition to one that had already been filed.

Captain David Clayton said that Minton attacked the child several times over a four-hour period in the early morning hours of Sunday, March 27.  Clayton said that hospital employees were in and out of the room throughout the night, because Minton's actions were setting of the vital sign monitors.

An arrest warrant said that Minton covered the girl's mouth, hit her in the head, pinched her nose and jabbed her stomach.

Clayton said the girl's mother invited Minton in the room but she told investigators that she was asleep when Minton was attacking the girl.   

Minton is being held at the Forsyth County jail.  His bond is set at $1,600,000 secured.  He is scheduled to appear in court again on April 15th. 

 

 

AP

Most Watched Videos