Two Coaches Resign In East Middle School Hazing Investigation

2:09 PM, May 14, 2010   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Troy, NC -- Two East Middle School coaches have resigned amid a hazing investigation involving students.

Montgomery County Schools spokesman Lindsay Whitley says Bernard Fuller and Nichole Thompson resigned. Bernard was the head football coach and athletic director. Thompson was a music teacher at East Middle School and was the soccer coach this school year.

In a statement the school says, "We continue to investigate the personnel portion of the situation at East Middle School."

Last month, Montgomery County Sheriff Jeff Jordan started processing charges against 12 students for misdemeanor sexual battery and misdemeanor assault as a result of a hazing investigation at the middle school.

Fourteen students have come forward with related hazing complaints, and the sheriff says there are 150 charges related to the case. According to Jordan, members of the soccer team targeted other players as part of an initiation ritual.

On May 6, principal Vivacious Crews was charged for failing to report a sexual offense, a class three misdemeanor. Sheriff Jordan says Crews waited three days to report alleged hazing after a parent alerted her to the problem.

Crews resigned May 7.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Most Watched Videos