GREENSBORO, N.C. -- The big fire that caught a lot of people's attention Thursday has been ruled accidental.
Officials said the fire at 811 S. Elm Street Thursday was an accident. They said it started when gasoline leaked from a vehicle onto the floor, and ignited when a worker accidentally dropped a portable light onto the fuel.
The vehicle was on a lift when the fuel ignited and quickly caught fire.
The intense heat from the vehicle damaged the roof, which caused it to collapse and injure the fire crew.
Captain Sterling Suddarth remains at Wake Forest Baptist Hospital. His condition continues to improve, as he is now up and moving around.
Matthew Clapp, William Boswell, Brian Bachemin were also injured but were released from the hospital.
The fire broke out just before 1 P.M. and smoke could be seen for miles across town.
WFMY News 2