GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Arctic high pressure over the area Thursday morning will move off the East Coast over the weekend.
This will promote a warming of temperatures and increase moisture. With the gradual increase in clouds, we will see a chance of showers by Sunday and early next week.
There could even be a sprinkle or shower as early as Friday afternoon through Saturday.
It is a very frosty Thursday morning here in the Piedmont as low temperatures have dipped into the low- and mid-20s.
Thursday will be mostly sunny. The high will be 58, with a high near 58 Friday.
On Thursday night, the sky will become partly cloudy as some high clouds start to build. Low temperatures will fall to near 28. We will see clouds thicken Friday. There will be a 20 percent chance of a sprinkle or shower Friday afternoon.
We will see lots of clouds over the weekend. There will be a 20 percent chance of a sprinkle or shower Saturday. The chance of rain will increase to 30 percent Sunday and 50 percent Monday. The high Saturday will be 62; and 67 Sunday.
The normal high is 62 and the normal low is 40.
WFMY NEWS 2