LIVE VIDEO: Good Morning Show Weekend    Watch
 

Authorities: UNC Student's Death Result Of Huffing

6:25 AM, May 9, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Chapel Hill, NC -- An autopsy shows a University of North Carolina Chapel Hill student died earlier this year after inhaling computer cleaning spray.   

Chapel Hill police found 22-year-old Stedman English Gage of Wilmington unresponsive in his off-campus home on Feb. 22.   

The autopsy was released Wednesday. It shows that emergency responders found a can of aerosol computer cleaning spray in the bed and several empty cans in the room.   

Dr. Samuel Simmons with the North Carolina Medical Examiner's Office in Raleigh said Gage also had signs of cardiovascular disease, which would have made him more susceptible to the spray.   

The death has been ruled an accident.


Most Watched Videos