Greensboro, NC -- If you're going to be out near the Greensboro Coliseum this weekend, get ready for the crowds. Five events will take place at the coliseum on Saturday, March 23. That includes a country music concert where more than 20,000 fans are expected to attend the event.
The Greensboro Police Department advises you to arrive early and carpool with someone if possible. Coliseum parking lots will open at 4:00 p.m. for the George Strait and Martina McBride concert.
Doors for the event will not open until around 6:00 p.m. You can park in the Lee Street parking lot on the corner of Lee Street and Coliseum Boulevard. This will make it easier for you to gain access to the north end of the coliseum and also for leaving the concert.
The Greensboro Police Department will be at major intersections near the coliseum so make sure you travel slowly through the area.
- Nexstar Dance 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. War Memorial Auditorium
- STAR Tar Heel States Swim Meet 8:45 a.m. - 9 p.m. Greensboro Aquatic Center
- N.C. Rabbit Breeders Convention 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. Special Events Center
- Southern Ideal Home Show 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. Special Events Center
- George Strait in Concert 7:30 p.m. Greensboro Coliseum