Rockingham County, NC -- McMichael High School's Air Force JROTC Marksmanship Teams (Farm team, JV team, and Varsity team) just got back from Port Clinton, Ohio, competing in the Air Force National Championships.
Per Rockingham County Schools Web site: The cadets placed 1st and 3rd advancing them to the All Services JROTC Championships in Anniston, Alabama March 20-24.
Additionally, they have qualified as the #1 team for the Southeast Region Junior Olympics in April in hopes to qualify for the USA Junior Open Championships in July.
The marksmanship team will also represent DMHS and RCS at the state championships in Wilmington, NC on March 16.
Results of the Air Force National Championships are as follows:
- Cadets on the 1st Place Team (Varsity team): Charles Collins, Thomas Gilmore, Ashley Durham, Robert Carter
- Cadets on the 3rd Place Team (JV team): Macey Tucker, Cody Wallace, Seth Akers, Hunter Bolick
- Cadet Charles Collins took the overall Individual Gold Medal and set a new National Record in the sporter class - kneeling
- Cadet Hunter Gilmore took the overall Individual Silver Medal
- DMHS represented 7 out of the top 10 Individual shooters
Rockingham County Schools