Greensboro, NC - A fire in a Greensboro apartment Friday morning put two people out of their homes and caused $95,000 worth of damage.
The Greensboro Fire Department was called shortly after 4:30 a.m. to an apartment at 315 Montrose Drive. GFD said the fire started in the fireplace.
Twenty-two firefighters were dispatched to the fire. GFD said they were able to extinguish the fire quickly and had everything under control by 5:48 a.m.
No residents or firefighters were injured.
The fire started in one apartment, but affected another unit. Red Cross in Greensboro is assisting two people, who lived in separate units, to find housing.
The fire has been ruled as accidental cause in fireplace, but GFD is currently investigating to determine the official cause.
Source: Greensboro Fire Department