LIVE VIDEO: News 2 at 11 pm    Watch
 

Danville Firefighters Rescue Dog, Bring It Back To Life

11:32 AM, Jan 4, 2013   |    comments
  • Pet oxygen mask (Stock Photo)
    
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Danville, VA-- A family lost their house to a fire last night but their dogs survived thanks to firefighters.

The Danville Fire Department responded to the fire in the 500 block of Third Street just before midnight. First responders were greeted with heavy smoke and flames when they arrived. 

Firefighters pulled two dogs from the fire. One of them was not breathing when it was taken from the house. CPR was administered to the dog via pet oxygen masks and dog started breathing again.

In all 19 firefighters from several other fire stations were called to help battle the fire, which took three hours to get completely out. 

A fire Chief who was on the scene told WFMY News 2 the dogs are going to be okay. All fire trucks in the Danville are equipped with pet oxygen masks, she said. 

She said five people lived in the house, but no one was home when the fire started.

Investigators said the fire was started by a space heater that was left unattended too close to a bed.

Danville Fire Department

Most Watched Videos