Space Heater Too Close To Bed May Have Caused Fire At Boarding House

5:24 AM, Dec 13, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

High Point, NC -- Doctors are treating a man after he was severely burned in a fire around 2:30 Thursday morning.

Battalion Chief Brian Evans with the High Point Fire Department said a space heater was too close to the man's bedding and started the fire. 

The 62-year-old lives at a rooming house on Oakwood Street. Firefighters arrived in time to get the fire under control.

Doctors at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center are treating the man's burns.

No one else was hurt and no other rooms in the house were damaged.

Firefighters say make sure your space heaters are at least three feet away from the items in your house.

___________________

Read: Gold Coins Left In Burlington Salvation Army Kettle

Read: Zeek Rewards Receiver To Answer Questions At Web Conference

Gallery: Celebrity Deaths Of 2012

Watch: HIV being used to cure leukemia

Gallery: Pictures Of Jenni Rivera Through The Years

Watch: Gas Explosion In West Virginia Burns 5 Homes, Closes I-77

7 Day Forecast

 

High Point Police/High Point Fire

Most Watched Videos