Holidays should be times of celebration and family fun, not time spent worrying about a child's safety.
The U.S. Public Interest Research Group (PIRG) has identified examples of potentially dangerous toys that may endanger kids during the holiday season for its 27th annual "Trouble in Toyland" report.
"We should be able to trust that the toys we buy are safe," said Nasima Hossain, Public Health Advocate for U.S. PIRG. "However, until that's the case, parents need to watch out for common hazards when shopping for toys."
The stocking stuffers on this list might pose choking hazards, threats to children's hearing from loud noise, risks for toxic chemical exposure or risks for potentially severe injuries from high-powered magnets.
13 Potentially Dangerous Toys:
- Dragster cars from Z Wind Ups
- Bowling game from Cool Novelty Products
- Play food from Wal-Mart
- Ball on a stick launcher from RT Toy Factory
- Golfing game from Aoxing Toys
- Super Play Food set from Geoffrey LLC
- Dora The Explorer backpack by Global Design Concepts, Inc.
- Morphobot by GreenBrier International Inc.
- Snake Eggs from GreenBrier International Inc.
- Guitar from Fisher-Price
- Car Wheel/Horn from Toystate
- FunKeys Car Keys