GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Seven new homes in just five days.
That's the goal of this year's Raising Roofs...Builders for Habitat event.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Greensboro and the Greensboro Builders Association are teaming up to give seven families new places to call home.
The construction started Monday, and teams expect to complete their builds - from foundation to dedication - by Friday.
Hundreds of builders, suppliers and contractors have participated in one of these Raising Roofs events since 2003.
This year's building teams include:
• Windsor Homes & Gary Jobe Builder, Inc.
• J. Douglas Millican, J&B Builders, Inc., Worth-Reitt Associates, LLC & Blue Ridge Builders of the Triad, Inc.
• Keystone Homes
• Disney Construction Company, Don Mills Builders, Inc., & Ron Foister Custom Homes, LLC
• John Hodgin Construction Co, Inc., New Age Builders, Inc., Silverstein Construction Corp., & SwiftCreek Construction, LLC
• JLB Remodeling, Inc., FM Contracting, LLC, DLM Builders, Inc., & Brickwood Builders, Inc.
• RAM Homes, Inc. & Huntley Builders, Inc.
WFMY News 2's Patrick Wright and Tom Garcia were at the site on Sunrise Valley Drive in Greensboro Thursday morning to show some of the progress.
Greensboro Builders Association