Many of you are already in the official holiday countdown mode. If you haven't decided where to celebrate, we might be able to help you this morning. Here's a list of the top holiday destinations in North Carolina.
1) Asheville: Christmas at The Biltmore is already underway. When you visit, you'll get to see 56 trees, all decorated with ornaments, inside America's largest house. That's not the only attraction, the National Gingerbread Competition is held at the Omni Grove Park Inn and the Grove Arcade in downtown Asheville.
2) Winston-Salem: Candlelight tours of the Reynolda House Museum of American Art start on December 5th. You can also catch the "Nutcracker" performance at UNC School of the Arts or check out Tanglewood Festival of Lights in Clemmons, which kicks off Saturday, November 23rd
3) Concord: You have to check out Speedway Christmas. There are more than three million holiday lights stretching over three miles! You can also catch Holiday movies on an enormous HDTV and visit Bethlehem Village with live actors and animals. Also, the Egg Nog Jog 5K is on November 22nd.
4) McAdenville and Belmont: You might know McAdenville better as "Christmas Town USA." Every year, the tiny town of less than 700, wraps itself in lights! Eight miles away in Belmont, the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden will have a 16-foot tall Christmas "tree" on display made with 300 live orchids!
5) The Outer Banks: In Kill Devil Hills, you can check out "First in Flight Holiday Lights" -a walk through light display. If you want something a little bit more active, the Outer Banks Festivus Road Race and Little Elf Jingle Jog are on December 21st. Duck's Yuletide Celebration, where they light a Crab Pot Christmas Tree, is December 7th.
Last but not least is Blowing Rock...It's the heart of Christmas tree country... where you can visit farms to pick out your own tree and cut it down!And Christmas is the Park is November 29th.