Greensboro, NC - If you think eating healthy is boring, think again. Tuesday on the Good Morning Show, Iron Hen Cafe Chef Paul Branley and Cardiologist, Dr. Fareed Al-Khori joined Tracey McCain in the News 2 Kitchen.
Chef Branley showed off his recipe for Whole Grain Hash - a heart healthy meal with Tofu, Spinach and Sweet Potatoes. While Dr. Al-Khori explained the importance of healthy eating and cutting out processed foods.
Be sure to watch the video so you can see how to make Chef Branley's Whole Grain Hash and then follow this recipe.
Whole Grain Hash
1 Cup of Your Favorite Grain
1 Heaping Handful of Hearty Greens (Kale, Collards, Chard, Etc...)
1/2 Cup of Beans
1/2 of a North Carolina Sweet Potato
Tofu or Chicken
Sesame Lime Vinaigrette *
1. Cook your grains, keep them hot on the side
2. Peel your sweet potato, slice into 1/4 inch disks, and roast them
3. Grill your tofu or chicken
4. Heat a sauté pan, add a little bit of oil, then sauté your greens for 45 seconds
5. Add your beans, sauté for 30 more seconds
6. Splash your greens and beans with 1 oz of water, cover your pan and steam for 20 seconds
7. Place grains in a bowl, top with greens, beans, sweet potato, tofu or chicken, and drizzle everything with a little sesame lime dressing
* Sesame Lime Vinaigrette recipe:
16 oz Firm Tofu
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Tahini (Sesame Paste)
2 Tbs Soy Sauce
1 Clove Garlic
1 Tbs Toasted Paprika
1. Place your tofu, tahini, soy sauce, garlic, and paprika in a food processor-puree until completely smooth
2. Slowly drizzle olive oil into your food processor while it is running
The Iron Hen Cafe is located at 908 Cridland Avenue in Greensboro.
WFMY News 2/Iron Hen Cafe