Greensboro, NC - Why order out for the big game this Sunday, when you can make tasty dishes at home for half the cost?
Bill Staley and Walt York, co-owners of BS Sauce showed off some of their game-day recipes in the News 2 Kitchen with Tracey McCain Thursday on the Good Morning Show.
The secret is in the sauce. BS Sauce is made in the Triad and can go on everything. Brownies, potato salad, dips, seafood, chicken... the possibilities are endless.
You can order BS Sauce for your game-day grub on-line or pick it up at stores across the Triad. Click on the link for those locations and other recipe ideas.
Here are the recipes featured on Thursday's Good Morning Show:
Buffalo Chicken Dip!
2 - 8 oz blocks Cream Cheese
3/4 Cup Hot Sauce - Use less if less HEAT is desired
1/2 Cup BS Original Cooking Sauce
1/2 Cup BS Country Ranch
1/2 Cup Blue Cheese Crumbles - Add more if desired
20 to 25 oz - Shredded Chicken - Fresh or canned
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- In a large soup pot add cream cheese, hot sauce, BS Original Cooking Sauce, BS Country Ranch, shredded cheddar cheese
- Warm on low, stirring often, until mixture is a smooth blend
- Add Chicken and Blue Cheese Crumbles - stir and heat until warm
- Transfer Buffalo Chicken Dip to a crock pot and serve
Neese's Sausage Cheese Dip!
1 cup - BS Sauce
1 lb - Mild Neese's Sausage
1 - medium onion - chopped
2 lb Kraft Velveeta Cheese Loaf
- In a skillet brown the Neese's Sausage and onion over medium heat until done
- Drain all the grease from the sausage and onion mix
- Cut the Velveeta Cheese into chunks and place in a 2.5 Qt CorningWare dish
- Pour the BS Sauce over the cheese
- Cover the CorningWare Dish and microwave for 2 minutes
- Stir the Cheese and BS sauce mixture and Microwave for 2 more minutes
- Continue to stir and microwave until cheese is melted and forms a creamy mixture
- Add the Neese's Sausage and onion mix and stir well
- Place mixture in microwave and heat for 1 minute
- Stir mixture and serve with corn chips
Corn & Black Bean Salsa
2 (15 ounce) cans yellow corn, drained
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
1 bunch finely chopped cilantro
1 small purple onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup BS Carolina Vinaigrette Dressing
- In a large bowl empty the cans of yellow corn, black beans and tomatoes ... Mix well
- Add in cilantro, purple onion and red bell pepper ... Mix well
- Add in BS Carolina Vinaigrette Dressing ... Mix well
- Place in refrigerator and let rest for 2 hours
BS Country Ranch Dip!
1/2 cup - BS Country Ranch
8 oz. Cream Cheese
- In a small mixing bowl place the 8 oz. block of cream cheese
- Let stand for 20 minutes to soften cream cheese
- Pour in 1/2 cup BS Country Ranch
- Mix well and serve - Refrigerate any leftover dip or if not using.
To make Smoked Salmon Dip add
4 ozs Smoked Salmon
½ Cup Chopped red onion
½ Jar Capers
To make Olive Dip
To recipe above add
½ cup chopped green olives - Chopped
½ cup black olives - Chopped
WFMY News 2