2 cups minus to 2 tablespoons of cake flour
1 2/3 cup of bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt
1 1/4 cups of unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups of light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 1/4 pounds of bittersweet chocolate (60% cacao, chocolate bars work well) sea salt
1) Combine all the dry ingredients: cake flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
2) Mix butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy (about 3-5 minutes).
3) Add eggs. Blend one into the mixture at a time.
4) Stir in vanilla extract.
5) Add the dry ingredients and blend.
6) Break apart chocolate bars into big chunks.
7) Stir chocolate into cookie dough.
8) Put finished cookie dough in fridge for 12-24 hours.
9) When ready to bake, set oven to 350 degrees.
10) Make cookie dough into golf-ball sized rounds. and place on a cookie sheet.
11) Garnish tops of cookie dough rounds with sea salt.
12) Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until slightly golden on top.
13) Once the cookies are ready, pull out the cookie sheet and leave the cookies on the sheet for about a minute or two. Then transfer to cookie rack and let the cookies cool for 10-15 minutes.
These delicious chocolate chip cookies are inspired by Jacques Torres.