GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Market America, along with other Triad businesses are coming together to host a food drive to help those in need.
The Greensboro-High Point area ranks among the highest regions in the nation for food insecurity in the nation.
Katie Taylor with Market America says they will be collecting non-perishable food donations until January 31st to benefit the Servant Center in Greensboro.
The Servant Center's food pantry serves over 400 people every 20 days in Greensboro, particularly the homeless and disabled.
Saturday, January 18 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Market America will be collecting donations at these grocery stores in Greensboro:
- Deep Roots Market: 600 N. Eugene St.
- Food Lion:2217 Fleming Rd.
- Food Lion:4709 Lawndale Dr.
Several businesses are partnering with Market America to be drop-off locations.
The organization says Chick-fil-la at Guilford College will give a digital offer card for a free sandwich to anyone donating 5 or more containers of food.
Drop-off locations include:
- Café Pasta: 305 State Street
- Carter Brothers BBQ: 2305 N. Main St. (High Point), 3802 Samet Drive (High Point)
- Chick-fil-la at Guilford College: 5901 W. Friendly Ave.
- Great Harvest Bread Company: 2715 Grandview Ave.
- Maria's Catering: 2130 Lawndale Dr.
The Servant Center says their greatest needs are protein sources like peanut butter, canned meats, dry beans, and macaroni and cheese.
For more information visit ma Cares website.