Greensboro, NC -- Future police recruits got an opportunity to find out first-hand the demands facing police officers.
Wednesday, those looking to join the Greensboro Police Department attended a Career Day held by the department.
It gave attendees a chance to talk one-on-one with police officers, find out about special teams on the department, and check out police equipment.
The department held the event at the Public Safety Training Facility on North Church Street in Greensboro.
In order to serve as a Greensboro police officer you must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 21-years-old upon completion of the Police Academy
- Be a High school graduate or General Educational Development (GED) Certificate
- Meet the state-mandated reading level requirement of 10th grade or higher
- Not have committed or been convicted of a felony or serious misdemeanor
- Meet the physically demanding requirements of the job
- Have or be able to obtain a valid North Carolina Driver's License
For more information about jobs with the Greensboro Police Department call 1-888-GPD-JOBS (473-5627).
WFMY News 2/Greensboro Police Department