PREP: 15 MIN COOK: 10 MIN SERVES: 4
½ cup Food Lion Tartar Sauce
½ cup Food Lion Prepared Salsa
½ cup Food Lion Seafood Fry Mix
1 tbsp Cumin, Ground
1 lb Food Lion frozen Tilapia Fillets
my essentials Vegetable Oil
4 Food Lion Flour Tortillas
Assorted Toppings (salsa, guacamole, jalapeno, etc.)
1. Safely thaw fish. Seafood may be thawed quickly by using these methods. Seal the seafood in a plastic bag and immerse it in cold water until the product is thawed but still icy and pliable. You may also thaw frozen seafood by using the microwave if you are going to cook the seafood immediately. Microwave on "defrost" setting, stopping the defrost cycle when the fish is still icy but pliable.
2. Mix tartar sauce and salsa. Refrigerate dressing until ready to serve with tacos.
3. Stir Fry Mix and cumin in shallow dish. Moisten fish with water. Shake off excess. Coat fish, several pieces at a time, evenly with Fry Mix. Let stand 5 minutes.
4. Pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 375°F on medium heat.
5. Fry fish, several pieces at a time, 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Turn fish once to brown evenly.
6. Drain on paper towels. Serve fish in warmed tortillas with dressing. Serve with assorted toppings and lime wedges, if desired.
7. Test Kitchen Tip: Substitute red snapper, striped bass, flounder or sole for the tilapia. (here is where approved Food Lion content regarding availability of our frozen fish selection should be inserted)