Reidsville, NC -- Police issued dozens of charges at a DWI checkpoint in Reidsville Friday night and Saturday morning.
Reidsville police made stops in the 1000 block of Freeway Drive from 9 p.m. Friday to 1 a.m. Saturday.
The Rockingham County Sheriff's Office, Eden police, Mayodan police, Highway Patrol, Reidsville Fire Department, Reidsville Rescue Squad and Mothers Against Drunk Driving helped with the checkpoint.
During the checkpoint, police issued the following charges:
- Driving while impaired (1)
- Driving while license revoked (7)
- Driving without being licensed to drive (9)
- Failure to Carry Driver's License (2)
- Failure to Comply with Driver License Restriction (5)
- Expired Registration (4)
- Inspection violation (2)
- Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor (1)
- Seatbelt Violation (2)
- Child Restraint Violation (3)
- Simple Possession of Marijuana (3)
- Simple Possession of Synthetic Cannabinoid (1)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (2)
- Misd. Possession of Controlled Substance (Schedule II) (4)
- Misd. Possession of Controlled Substance (Schedule III) (4)
- Misd. Possession of Controlled Substance (Schedule IV) (1)
- Open container of alcohol (3)
- Underage Consumption of Alcoholic Beverage (2)
- Outstanding Order for Arrest (1)
In all, police issued 57 charges during the checkpoint.
Lt. Nancy Bennett was in charge of the checkpoint and worked with Sgt. Jimmy Hutchens and traffic safety officer Kirk Wade.
Reidsville Police Department