Greensboro, NC -- Dan Steenerson, a Corporate CEO and Success Authority has identified 5 mistakes most of us make in our career.
If you think of your career as a journey, there are five major mistakes you can make along the way.
- Career Launch Mistake: Taking the first position available. Sometimes we think we need to take whatever someone is giving. Take some time to take a job in the field you want.
- Early Growth (20s-30s) Mistake: Jumping from job to job, chasing "easy" money or better options. The grass is always greener on the other side. It's easy to get caught up in that. But don't. It's better to chase the easy option and work your way up gaining trust.
- The Middle Mile (40s) Mistake: Veering off course when you encounter pressure or boredom. The middle mile is the toughest because the demand for performance is great. Put one foot in front of the other and focus on the inspiring parts of the job.
- Hitting Your Stride (50s) Mistake: Letting yourself coast on auto-pilot. You need to finish strong. If you've mastered your job, find ways to mentor, inspire and influence others. Teach a class, join Toastmasters, or volunteer your time.
- Retirement (60s) Mistake: Viewing retirement as the finish line, instead of another starting line.