Greensboro, NC -- We have an update of sorts for you on a story we first brought you last week.
Barbee Brown and her family had eaten some chicken from the grill and she felt something wasn't right. After a couple days of pain, doctors discovered she swallowed the wire bristle from a grill brush!
It took two surgeries to get it out. The doctor said it was about ¾ of an inch long, and about the diameter of a hair, but rigid metal.
Doctor David Shoemaker said Brown was his second patient with a lodged bristle in a week and the fourth in two years. Even the Centers for Disease Control is warning about the grill brush bristles.
After seeing the story, 2 Wants to Know viewer Ramon Bell sent us an email. He said a nurse assistant at his rest home cleans their personal grill with an onion instead of a brush! She told him the onion cleans the burnt residue from the grill and gives the food flavor.
So 2 Wants to Know wanted to try it out and put it to our own 2 test! Ramon's email said they cut an onion in half, stick a fork in it, and then start rubbing the grill. So we bought two onions, one white, one red, and did the exact same thing.
TWO TEST RESULTS HERE!!!!!
Remember, if you have a theory you want us to test out or a product you'd like us to put to the 2 test, share it with 2 Wants to Know! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us using the #2WTK.
WFMY News 2