Taylor Pork Roll Strata
(1 loaf) crusty bread, preferably day old, large diced
(1, 8slice pk) Taylor Pork Roll, seared & chopped
(1) onion, caramelized
(8oz) cremini mushrooms, sliced
(1-2) bell peppers, medium diced
(2, 14.5 oz cans) fire-roasted tomatoes, slightly drained
(6) eggs, beaten
(8 oz) light cream
(8 oz) mixed finely shredded cheeses
(a handful) fresh basil, chopped
(olive oil for sauteing)
(salt, pepper & whatever else you feel like seasoning it with)
1. Saute mushrooms & peppers with caramelized onions until soft (about 2-min.)
2. Whisk cream with eggs until uniform.
3. Layer bread, pork roll, veggies, tomatoes & about 1/2 the cheese in a greased 9" x 11" baking pan.
4. Repeat until the pan is full and/or you run out of ingredients.
5. Top with remaining cheese.
6. Pour egg & cream mix over, cover & refrigerate overnight.
7. Preheat oven to 375. Bake strata for about min.-1hr or until center is firm to the touch.
Chocolate Cheesecake Bites with mixed berry chocolate compote
Ingredients for the cheesecake:
(2/3 c) graham cracker crumbs
(1 tbsp) sugar
(1 tbsp) butter, melted
(8 oz) cream cheese, room temp
(1/4 c) sugar
(2 tsp) flour
(1/4 tsp) vanilla extract
(2 oz) Hershey's chocolate syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix graham crumbs, sugar & melted butter, press into mini muffin pan.
3. Bake about 6-7min.
4. Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, & flour with a hand mixer, add chocolate & mix well.
5. Add egg, just until blended.
6. Pour over crust, bake 25-30 min. until centers are almost set.
7. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Ingredients for the compote:
(1c) mixed frozen berries
(1/4c) Hershey's syrup
(2tsp) corn starch whisked with a splash of water
1. Heat berries on medium heat with chocolate syrup until simmering.
2. Add corn starch slurry & reduce heat to low.
3. Simmer for 2 min.
4. Top cooled cheesecake bites with room temp compote.