Stuffed Pork Tenderloin:
Feeds 4-6 people
Take 2 Whole Pork Tenderloins and
12 oz of Fruit Chutney (buy at Maria's or your local store)
1 Tsp., Kosher Salt
4 Tbs. Butter
¼ cup Bourbon
¼ cup Maple Syrup
2 Tbs. brown sugar
2 Tbs. whole grain mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Cut both tenderloins in half
3. Pound the tenderloins very lightly with a meat tenderizer
4. Season with salt
5. Spread fruit chutney on tenderloins and roll them up.
6. Tie with food twine every 2 inches.
7. Melt butter in skillet on medium high and lightly brown the tenderloin on both sides
And save the resulting fluid in the pan
8. Transfer the tenderloins to a lightly greased baking sheet
9. In the same skillet that you browned the tenderloin add bourbon, maple syrup, brown sugar, Dijon mustard. Bring to boil over medium heat, then reduce and simmer, stirring constantly for three minutes. This will be your glaze for the pork.
10.Coat the tenderloin with the glaze and bake for
20-25 minutesor until internal temperature
11.Let the tenderloin rest for 10 minutes after
pulling it out of the oven.
Smashed Potatoes and Parsnips:
Peel 1 ½ lbs Yukon gold potatoes (large cubes)
Peel ½ lb parsnips (cubed)
Measure a ½ cup heavy cream
And ¼ Tbs. cut butter
1. Place Potatoes and parsnips in salted water.
2. Bring water to boil
3. Boil for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are soft
4. Drain and return to the pot on low-medium to heat add heavy cream and bring to simmer
5. Simmer 1-2 minutes
6. Remove from heat add cut butter and mash with potato masher (keep warm)
Fresh Broccoli Rabe (Rapini).
3 cloves of garlic sliced in very thin rounds
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
½ tsp red pepper flakes and
Bunch of broccoli rabe (Rapini)
(To clean Rapin, cut off tough ends and discard old leaves)
1. Bring 2 quarts of salted water to boil
2. Add to boiling water cleaned and trimmed Broccoli Rapini
3. Bring back to boil and boil for 1 minute
5. In medium skillet sauté garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil for 1 minute
6. Add Rapini to skillet and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes